77 Bowral Street, Bowral
The Heights of “Everest”
The height of “Roaring 20s” glamour, Everest has not lost her old-world “arts & crafts” charm. And yet recent architect-designed renovations have enhanced this gracious, rambling home to provide 21st Century kitchen-to-garden flow.
The modern kitchen is large and features a new eat-in extension that flows to a fabulous new rear pergola and paved barbeque area. The original features – leadlight windows, bay windows, panelled walls, latticed ceiling, timber floorboards and picture rails – still provide the exquisite old-world ambience. With a variety of spacious living areas, some formal and cosy, others light, bright and airy, there is much to admire in this c1924 home.
With a beautiful and historically significant old garden (the detailed original plans of which are still available) and complete ground-floor living capability (the main bedroom and two bathrooms are downstairs) this home is ideal for:
- ‘downsizers’ moving into town who want ground-floor living, space for guests, walk-to- town convenience and immediate proximity to all of Bowral Street’s medical facilities
- families who would like to have a large upstairs area (three large bedrooms and a bathroom)
- gardeners of all varieties who require a spacious home
- those wishing to utilise the Bendooley Street access to the double garage and oversized double carport – perhaps for machinery or caravans (there is also current DA approval for a 36sqm studio plus a new double garage on this same site)
Further features include:
- Formal dining room with slow combustion wood fireplace and exquisite original character with French doors
- Underfloor gas central heating plus gas bayonets
- Sunny and large TV/casual living room
- Mudroom plus modern laundry
- Walk in robes/big storage rooms in 2 upstairs bedrooms; 3rd bedroom with BIR
- Original potting shed in weatherboard & brick
- Garden “rooms” include the perennial garden, the hydrangea garden, the vegetable garden, the azalea garden and the rose garden.