One of the most magnificent 100-acre holdings in the Southern Highlands — “Roscoe Park” has been the private hideaway of Tony Lockett and his family for almost 18 years. The six-bedroom luxury home borders a magnificent ornamental lake and centres around an enormous, sun-filled living room. Currently set up to run cattle, the pristine amphitheatre of land has views that extend from Berrima across to Kangaloon, and sprawls out towards Sproules Lane in the East. At the very end of exclusive Headlam Road, the property allows for complete privacy, and yet is conveniently close to Bowral town centre.
The Lockett’s have made substantial improvements over time, including the addition of a magnificent indoor swimming pool with a rustic timber-beamed ceiling and bathroom facilities. Bi-fold doors completely open the space to a sprawling paved entertaining area.
North facing sunny courtyards have been built to trap the sun. Expansive living areas with floor-to-ceiling glass and French doors, have been built to harness exquisite rural views. The large eat-in country kitchen looks through a glass wall straight onto the swimming pool — supervise the children in comfort.
Acres of manicured lawns surround the home and established deciduous pin oaks, claret ash, crab apples, maples and ornamental pear trees turn the garden to a fairy land of blossom in Spring and colour in Autumn. Snuggle up in front of the open fire in Winter and swim in the lake or pool in Summer. This is a home for all seasons.
• Four bedroom wings, each with bathroom; fifth bathroom in pool complex
• Large mud room and store rooms
• Extensive farm infrastructure and shedding: many sheds are lined and insulated. They include a 6-bay tractor shed; 3 x 3-bay sheds; 4-bay garage; 2 large workshop/machinery sheds, hay sheds and horse facilities that include a tack room, grooming area and beautiful post and rail fenced yards.
• One shed includes an apartment with full kitchen, used as an office
• Additional 3-car enclosed carport adjoins the house
• Five stock dams; two bores; excellent fencing
• Car parking for at least 7 vehicles, but plenty more space in sheds
This property provides the ultimate Southern Highlands lifestyle farm —whether you’re after a spectacular weekender with privacy, peace and country vistas, or looking for the opportunity to move to the country and keep horses or cattle this pristine and private farm with sprawling home offers a host of opportunities with all the trimmings.